ANIMAL FEED TECHNIQUE
Learning outcomes of the course unit
1- Knowledge and understanding:
- to know the organizational and management aspects of feed mills
- acquire knowledge about animal storage techniques.
- know the processing processes that are subjected to individual raw materials to be transformed into complete and complementary feed.
- to know the chemical composition of the single raw materials, the presence of antiinstitutional factors and the techniques used for their inactivation.
- to know the laws governing the preparation and trade of all substances of nutritional interest for pets.
2- Applied knowledge and understanding:
- be able to organize the quality control of raw materials and finished products.
- be able to evaluate the effectiveness of the applied treatments
3- Judgment autonomy:
- show mastery of the factors that affect all the transformation processes applied
- to analyze the different phases of the production cycle, highlighting the critical issues especially on the nutritional basis and proposing any corrective action.
4- Communicative Skills:
- Know how to communicate clearly to the less experienced and less acclaimed interlocutors the correct techniques applied.
- Being able to interact positively with the various professional figures operating within the production system.
5- Learning Skills:
- Be able to adapt its own indications to the different production contexts and to the different managerial levels that can be found at feeders.
- To be able to correctly interpret the results of scientific research on the preparation of animal feed
Course contents summary
The teaching activity takes into consideration the study of animal feed in relation to conservation techniques, to their chemical percentage composition and the presence of anitinutrizionali factors. It will also examine techniques for improving the nutritional value of feeds as well as the processes applied to industrial production of feed.
TECHNICAL AND PRODUCTION OF ANIMAL FEED ANIMAL FEED
Procurement of raw materials: cereal, cake and flour extraction of oilseed meal of animal origin, feed materials and other products. Receiving, storage and preservation of foods. Quality of raw materials and the finished product. Treatments to improve the nutritional value of individual commodities:
the process of flaking of extrusion, blow molding, micronization and roasting. Heat treatments for the estruction of anti-nutritional factors thermolabile.
Manufacture of compound feedingstuffs: techniques of milling, blending components, addition of liquid, compression of simple and compound feed by the process of pelleting and extrusion.
AGHINA C. e MALETTO S."Tecnica Mangimistica" Soc. Ed. Esculapio
The course includes lectures of FEEDSTUFF PRODUCTION through slide shows in power point and other material useful to involve the student in the different moments of the educational activity. They are provided for classroom exercises designed to raise awareness of the feed materials as well as educational visits to the feedingstuffs industry in the area.
Assessment methods and criteria
Learning evaluation will take place through summative assessment.
Mode and type of test: interview with a maximum duration of 30 minutes, consisting of no. 5 questions. During the course of the test, the knowledge and understanding of the theoretical (Question 1 - Descriptor 1) and applied (Question 2 - Descriptor 2) themes, the ability to analyze hypothetical cases (Question 3 - Descriptor 3) the communication skill (Question 4 - Descriptor 4) and the ability to interpret scientific results (Question 5 - Descriptor 5) will be verified through the presentation of specific questions, pictures, case study and tables of data.
Scale of assessment: the scale of assessment ranges from 0 to 30 cum laude.
Weights and evaluation criteria: Each satisfactory answer has the maximum value of n. 6 points; unanswered or wrong answers have a value of 0; punctuality, completeness, and language ownership in all responses allows the achievement of laude.
Materials useful to support the test: no paper or electronic material is allowed.
Methods for returning test results: The oral result is communicated immediately at the end of the test.