The course aims to describe the fundamental characteristics of the functioning of an organization and its measurement and management systems.
I) Knowledge and understanding: knowledge of organizational processes, organizational integration, types of organizational structure, organizational planning and measurement and management systems.
II) Competences: at the end of the course the student will be able to analyze the organizational structure, to use coordination and performance assessment tools, to read and comment the main accounting information and a balance sheet.
III) Making judgements: the student will be able to analyze the main characteristics of an organization, to define which coordination tools are proper and to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of an organization.
IV) Communication skills: at the end of the course the student will be able to use specific terminology in the field of economical evaluation and business management.
V) Learning skills: through case studies and exercises, the student will be able to understand in depth the process of analysis, measurement and management of an organization.
Course contents summary
The course provides for the presentation of the following topics:
• Introduction to business organization
• Organizational theories
• The organizational culture
• Organizational planning
• Managing and endorsing the personnel
• Introduction to business economics
• Processes of measurement of the economic results
• Economic budget
"I servizi dell'infanzia - Costi, forme di gestione, innovazione, percorsi di crescita", Mara Mattesini, Maggioli editore
Acquisition of knowledge: lectures.
Acquisition of the ability to apply knowledge: exercises.
Acquisition of judgment: during the course students will be encouraged to identify strengths and weaknesses of organizational models.
Acquisition of technical language: during the course will be explained the meaning of the terms used by companies about organization and budget.
Assessment methods and criteria
• To assess "knowledge and understanding": open questions.
• To assess applying "knowledge and understanding": exercises.
• To assess "making judgements": open questions.
• To assess "communication skills": open questions.
• To assess "learning skills": all the previous assessing methodology.