GENERAL AND SOCIAL PEDAGOGY
LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
Expected learning outcomes: knowledge of the proposed topics.
Knowledge and understanding: critical attitude, with the aid of human sciences and their interdisciplinary intersections.
Ability in applying knowledge and understanding: making use, as independent as it is possible, of the critical tools and epistemological insights acquired.
Making judgments: it is the overarching goal of the course, with particular reference to the acquisition of an awareness of the concept historical changes of the pedagogical paradigm.
Communication skills: acquisition of a language not necessarily technical, but able to distinguish and give an account of the vocabulary of education theory beyond the generalizations of reference manuals.
Learning skills: in proportion to their individual abilities.
COURSE CONTENTS SUMMARY
The course aims at investigating the historical field of the concept of education. The course also aims at dealing with the main trends of educational reflection from its first theoretical and practical experiences during the 20th Century. The illustration of these experiences will be conducted contextualizing them within the main cultural trends of the 20th Century and studying in depth the leading figures of the educational culture.
- all the materials available on Elly
- S. Moscovici, Le rappresentazioni sociali, Il Mulino, Bologna, 2005.
- M. Montessori, La scoperta del bambino, Garzanti, Roma, 1970.
ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA
Final assessment will consist of an interview in which the student has to show:
- The ability to set out clearly, with appropriate vocabulary, features, content and historical context of pedagogy in 20th Century. Special emphasis will be given to the logical and communicative skills;
- Knowledge of the historical background and the major pedagogical elements of the proposed texts, by questions raised by the teacher in the context of the presentation offered by the student.
- The threshold of the pass mark is defined by the compliance to both these parameters:
a. full reading of the proposed texts;
b. Implementation of a research / individual reflection on the text with the elaboration of individual proposals and criticism.
The lectures provide the presentation in video projection of the course content with the help of footage of evaluation sessions and the vision test and analysis of speech therapy evaluation; the oral lectures are supported by the projection of the contents and are complemented by the reporting of library materials and sitografico. At the end of the lesson is given space to any discussion.