Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course is aimed to make the students able to recognize people with mental disorders and to make an adequate project of care or to refer those with severe mental disorders to the department of mental health.
Course contents summary
The first part of the classes will address the principal mental disorders most frequently observed in the perinatal period,particularly mood and anxiety disorders.
The second part of the classes will address the fundamental principles of treatment of mental disorders (pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy), particularly in the perinatal period .
The third part of the classes will address the organization of the Department of Mental Health
- Clinical features and fundamental principles of the treatment of mood disorders;
- Clinical features and fundamental principles of the of anxiety disorders;
- Clinica features and fundamental principles of treatment of psychotic disorders;
- Diagnosis and treatment of the mental disorders during the perinatal period;
- The organization of the Department of Mental Health
P. SARTESCHI, C. MAGGINI. MANUALE DI PSICHIATRIA Ed.SBM Noceto (PR). Suggested topics: General Psychopathology: pag. 109-177, 193-215; Schizophrenia: pag 491-501; 534-572; Mood Disoreders: pag. 611-614; 630-692.
Slides and issue concerning classes:
- Mood Disorders;
- Anxiety Disorders;
- Treatment of affective Disorders in pregnancy and in post-partum
- Department of Mental Health.
Lessons and attendance of services of Department of Mental Health
Assessment methods and criteria
In progress evaluation isn't scheduled.
The final examination consists in a multiple choice test with 40 questions, concerning the program of the course. The time available is 60 min. The exam has a positive result if the student gives the correct answers to at least 24 questions. The final result depends on the number of the correct answers above the cut-off.
The final examination evaluates the student's knowledge, acquired during the study, about the ability to recognize mental disorder and to plan an adequate program of care or to refer subjects to Department of Mental Health.