APPLIED DIETARY TECHNIQUES AND SCIENCES
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course aims to provide students with the knowledge and understanding of the basics of nutrients and foods, feeding in particular during pregnancy and what to keep to maintain good health and above all the power in the most widespread diseases such as obesity, diabetes mellitus, and metabolic syndrome Dyslipidemia
Course contents summary
In the first part they are taken into account the various foods and their nutritional characteristics.
The second part reviews the Needs in the various age groups and in particular we focus
those relating to pregnant and the nurse and we will focus on the organoleptic and chemical
breast milk and other milks (cow, goat, etc.).
At the end it is taken into account the nutritional approach (diet) recommended in the most frequent metabolic diseases (diabetes mellitus obesity by ending with the metabolic syndrome.
1. Nutrients: “macro & micro”.
2. Foods. The one with higher nutritional interest .
3. Nutritional groups and characteristics.
4. Food requirements and diet indications for the “expectant mother” during the various phases (quarters)
5. Diet-therapy during pathological conditions of the pregnancy: diabetes
6. Mother’s milk and difference with cow’s milk.
7. La syndrome metabolic & diabetes : Dietetics’ approach
. Linee guida “dal sito ufficiale dell’ INRAN : www.inran.it
2-Nutrizione Clinica. Di Magnati G. RussoC e DAZZI D., Edito da EdiSES di Napoli, 1987.
3. “Manuale di Nutrizione Applicata” Riccardi ed. Sorbona
4.” La nutrizione del bambino sano Faldella Pensiero Scientifico
Direct instruction using multi-media supports and interactive discussions with the students.
Assessment methods and criteria
The test will be performed by answering in writing. The question may/will have multiple answers or open answers.