INTERNSHIP II YEAR
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The teaching aims to further bring students into the workplace allowing him to apply the concepts learned with regard to traditional diagnostics in emergency regime, pediatric, mammography and CT.
The internship proposed route follows in the assessment of the skills acquired the criteria proposed by the Dublin Descriptors (1st, 2nd, 3rd).
Course contents summary
At the end, the student must:
- Know how to apply the diagnostic protocols of conventional radiology in emergency situations, pediatric and clinical breast
- Knowing how to move in a compartment operative
- Knowing how to use a device TC to perform the main diagnostic procedures
- Knowing how to assess the technical quality of a CT examination
- Know the main PET investigation protocols
- Know how to apply the principles of Radiation Protection in Nuclear Medicine
- Know how to manage the patient during procedures of traditional and CT Radiology, to the extent applicable.
- Knowing how to properly interact with both the team is working with the patient.
The apprenticeship route is according to the expected results, the criteria data from the Dublin descriptors.
- Application and adaptation of conventional diagnostic protocols in emergency situations, pediatric, clinical breast examination and operative sector
- Patient care during the CT examinations
- Management of the CT room
- Application of diagnostic protocols in TC
(Dublin descriptors 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th).
The practical activity also refers to the Clinical Competence of the specific professional profile.
- Apprenticeship booklet, compiled by the student during the training period itself, as a practical manual
- Textbook: “Anatomia radiologica” of Fleckenstein P, Tranum-Jensen J.
- Jewett EL. One-piece angle nail for trochanteric fractures. J Bone J Surg, 1991;23:803-10
- Smith-Petersen MN, Cave EF, Van-Gorder GW. Intracapsular fractures of the neck of the femur-treatment by internal fixation. Arch Surg 1931;23:715-59.
- Laboratorio di Fisica Medica, Physics Department, UNICAL, Rende, Italy
- Textbook: “ANATOMIA RADIOLOGICA, tecniche e metodologie in radiodiagnostica” of Ferdinando Mazzuccato
- Textbook: “Atlante di tecnica radiologica generale e dello scheletro” of A. Trenta, A. Corinaldesi, P. Sassi, C. Pecunia
- Textbook. “ Le proiezioni radiografiche dell’apparato muscoloscheletrico” of U. Albissini, M. Battaglia
- “Ruolo del TSRM in un comparto operatorio ortopedico”, thesis of Dr. RT Giuseppe Forciniti, University of Parma
- “La radiologia domiciliare”, thesis of Dr. RT Bruno Lorefice, University of Parma
- Web site https://www.imagegently.it
- Textbook: “Clinical Applications of Cardiac CT”. Editors: Cademartiri, Casolo, Midiri. Publisher: Springer. ISBN: 978-88-470-2521-9.
Periods of training at facilities including the following specialties: traditional radiology, operative sector and TC.
Students will be supervised by a Clinical Tutor for each seat internship.
Assessment methods and criteria
The examination can be constituted by 2 practical tests:
- a simulation test, in the X-ray room, the Traditional Radiology in which the student must demonstrate the ability to perform the survey protocols in standard situations and urgency
- a simulation test of Computed Tomography in which will have to demonstrate knowledge of the guidelines for the main diagnostic protocols, knowing how to prepare and use a CT room, being able to recognize the various stages of examination and assess the accuracy of the images produced.
and theoretical questions related to the application in the field.
The review shall take into account in the evaluation of acquired skills, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th descriptor Dublin.