LANGUAGE AND TRANSLATION - RUSSIAN II
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The aim of the course is the acquisition of a solid linguistic competence of the Russian language spoken and written at the elementary level.
At the end of the course the student will
− possess a good knowledge of the morphology of Russian noun and will be introduced to the morphological elements of the verb;
− develop cognitive and practical skills required to use relevant information in order to carry out tasks and to solve routine problems using simple rules and tools;
− produce simple texts in written Russian
The aim of the course is the acquisition of a solid linguistic competence of the spoken and written Russian at intermediate level.
At the end of the course the student
- will develop a good knowledge and understanding skills in Russian language
- will be able to communicate and apply acquired knowledge in an autonomous and independent way in the context of everyday communication and in broad contexts mostly within his work or study fields.
Course contents summary
Elements of phonology: Russian vowel and consonant system, intonation.
Basic nominal and verbal morphology: declination of noun, adjective and pronoun, degrees of the adjective. The verb: modes and tenses, aspetc (introduction). The verbs of motion: verb categories of unidirectional and multidirectional.
First syntax elements: coordination and subordination, the conditional clause.
Introduction to written translation from English into Russian and from Russian into Italian.
Introduction to dictation and oral translation from English into Russian and from Russian into Italian; oral exercises in grammar.
1. Aspect of the verb in different times and modes (except the infinite). Aspect in structures: "можно-нельзя-нужно."
2. Reflexive verbs.
3. Verbs of motion without prefixes, verbs of motion with prefixes.
4. Introduction to participles: formation and conjugation. Participial constructions. Active and passive participles in the present tense and the past. Short form of passive participles.
5. Introduction to gerund.
6. Negative pronouns (никто).
7. Short form of adjectives and adverbs.
8. Degrees of comparison of adjectives and adverbs.
9. Cardinal numbers and ordinal.
10. Prepositions: из-за, благодаря, за etc..
11. Syntax. Complex sentences. The hypothetical period. The indirect speech. Impersonal sentences.
12. Other subjects.
1. Indications of time (date and hour).
2. Indeterminate pronouns (кто-то, кто-нибудь etc..).
3. The possessive "свой".
4. Use of the verbs надевать-одевать-одеваться. "
5. Use of the verbs учить-учиться-научить-учёба. "
6. Reading of texts in Russian language of medium difficulty.
7. Translations into Italian.
8. Translations into Russian.
9. Training in the use of the bilingual dictionary.
10. Comprehension and production of spoken language.
Useful bibliography and materials will be available on the relevant page of the elearning platform of the university ELLY
Useful bibliography and materials will be available on the page of the e-learning platform of the university: ELLY
Lectures and practical exercises.
Class lection and practical exercises. The course also includes a cycle of 12 hours of self-study in the language lab based on materials selected by the teachers of Russian.
Assessment methods and criteria
The test includes an evaluation with final exams (written and oral).
The final tests are divided into:
- Grammar test (active and multiple choice questions) on the program carried out during the year;
- Reading and understanding a text (čtenie);
- Composition of a letter in the Russian language showing the knowledge of vocabulary and understanding of grammatical structures and syntax of the student (pis'mo);
- Audio test (audirovanie).
The student must be able to read, translate and summarize class readings and texts read at home, and be able to sustain a brief conversation on everyday topics. In addition, the student will read and translate at first sight a first level Russian text that will be submitted for the exam in Russian language.
The test provides an assessment with final exams written and oral. The final tests are divided into:
- Grammatical morphological tests second level, consisting of active response to questions or multiple-choice on grammatical topics covered during the year;
- Reading and understanding of a Russian text (čtenie);
- Written composition of a letter to verify the independent production capacity (pis'mo);Written
- audio test
For the oral exam, the student must be able to read, translate and summarize what has been read in class during the year and the texts read at home. He must be able to hold a conversation on the topics covered in class. For the listening the teacher can also use audio recordings of authentic dialogues and monologues. In addition, the student will be able to read and translate at first sight an authentic Russian text.