Learning outcomes of the course unit
By the end of the course students will:
- be able to understand and use the language of pedagogy;
- grasp the specificity of the pedagogical approach to educational problems and processes compared with the approach adopted by other disciplines;
Course contents summary
Over presenting the theoretical background of education, the course focuses on the contemporary debate about the role of pedagogical research inside this area, and, most of all, about the role of Theory of education. Then focuses on issues, problems and perspectives that emerge around the image of education, the image of the child and the image of adult in the twentieth century.
- all the materials available on http://elly.alef.unipr.it/2015/ - course of Pedagogia generale (Argomento 1 e Argomento 2);
- John Dewey, Democrazia e educazione, La Nuova Italia (1965 o edizioni successive) o Sansoni editore (2004), limitatamente ai capitoli dall'1 al 15 compresi, 18, 20, 22, 23;
- Sergio Tramma, Pedagogia della contemporaneità. Educare al tempo della crisi, Carocci, Roma, 2015.
The 2015/16 Syllabus expires on April 2017. From May 2017 the only active Syllabus is 2016/17.
The educational activities will be conducted focusing on active learning methods (interactive lectures, case studies, simulations) with a continuous enhancement of the direct experiences of the participants and the interactions between individuals in learning. The classroom activities will be supported by the use of authentic materials and presentations on computer.
Assessment methods and criteria