Learning outcomes of the course unit
• integrate theoretical knowledge with practical knowledge,
• learn experimental or clinical procedures related to psychological knowledge,
• observe critically and develop judgment about the observed reality,
• start work in a specific professional setting with other people.
The student can begin the training only after the official start of the second year (in November)
Course contents summary
The undergraduate internship is an activity oriented to application experience and / or research in psychology on the territory as well as in university departments.
It is carried out by students of Psychology at the course of Psychobiology and Cognitive Neuroscience under the assistance of a tutor.
The apprenticeship undergraduate is followed by the University, which screens the proposals, it considers the adequacy and follow the trainee during the course.
The Regulation approved by the Board of Degree in Psychobiology and Cognitive Neuroscience dated 17 December 2014 regulates the conduct of pre-graduation internships.
The pre-graduation internship:
• must have a duration of 200 hours (corresponding to 8 CFU, since every credit corresponds to 25 hours) to be divided into days that commit maximum 8 hours and for a maximum total of 40 hours per week;
• it can be done with a tutor who does not necessarily have to be a psychologist writing in the professional;
• can be carried out at external structures (institutions and public and private companies, associations, unions, etc.) already affiliated with the University of Parma, or within structures and university departments.
• it can be done in multiple locations and at different times.
The student can begin the training only after the official start of the second year (in November) and can deal with the training as follows:
1) may opt to split the 8 credits of internship articulating its business into two parts, not necessarily at the same structure, including share 200 hours (100 + 100 hours, or 150 + 50 hours);
2) can accumulate the 8 credits of internship within one internship of 200 hours performed continuously.
Assessment methods and criteria
During the training period pre-degree is intended to prepare, by the trainee, of A REPORT. The student changing the apprenticeship process must realize that two reports of both experiences.
Each report will be evaluated by the Commission and the Head Internships Internships