Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student learns to deal with all situations regarding health with legal implications. Is able to give information to the citizen / patient about his/her rights due to his/her health conditions.
Students has to attend to the 75% of oral lessons
Course contents summary
Duties that the dentist has towards the law, the patient and the ethics. Relationship between dentist and juridical authority, dentist and sanitary authority and dentist and patient.
The forensic medicine as a medical discipline, duties and functions of legal medicine. The legal medicine and forensic medicine;
- The medico-legal methodology , data evaluation and diagnosis in forensic medicine, the analysis of the causaty, the medico-legal judgment and its relevance.
- Professional liability
- The material element of the offense; the material causality; The excuses of crime
- The psychologic element of the offense; the attribution and its legal and biological basis
- Forensic medicine: technical advice and expertise
- Confidentiality and privacy legislation
- The state of necessity, self-defense
- The medical activity documentation: medical certificate and medical records
- The report to the juddicial authority - Forensic Traumatology.
- Crimes against the life and personal safety (personal injury)
-Introduction to Forensic Toxicology
- Introduction to Forensic Anthropology
- Medical ethics and bioethics
- The doctor-patient relationship
- Informed consent
- Compensation for personal injury tort
- The biological damage
Manuale di medicina legale
I edizione (2017)
DI LUCA N. M. - FEOLA T.
Cecchi R. - Ciallella C. - Marinelli E. - Marsella L. T. - Ricci S. - Vecchiotti C.
Volume di 592 pagine
Edizioni Minerva Medica
Assessment methods and criteria