Learning outcomes of the course unit
The module of occupational medicine aims to provide the basis for understanding the meaning of the concepts of hazard, risk and risk factor for health; aims to promote understanding by the health care professional of the possible consequences in terms of health effects of exposure to risk factors in the healthcare environment. The student will learn to know and use the personal protective equipment required in the context, as a preventive measure of biological risk. Will learn the reflections of the organization of work on health professionals. Will finally know the meaning of health surveillance and the implications in terms of personal and organizational judgment of suitability for specific tasks.
Course contents summary
At the end of the course the student will be able to address the following issues, which fell in the reality of care facilities:
1) Legislation on the protection of the safety and health of workers; the protection of health of health professionals; the active participation of workers in prevention activities.
2) Risk factors and work activities: the concept of hazard and risk; classification of risk factors in the healthcare environment.
3) Accidents and occupational diseases; disease and work-related illness at work.
4) Exposure to biological agents.
5) Ergonomics in hospital; manual material handling and / or patients and prolonged fixed postures; organizational factors and work-related stress.
Slides of lessons given by the teacher and available online.
Classroom teaching with classroom discussion
Assessment methods and criteria
The assessment of learning of teaching content
only provides for verification through interview questions with ralative
the contents of the three modules that make up the teaching. There are no
ongoing evaluations structured, but only discussion of the topics
in the classroom after each lecture.