SPEECH THERAPY IN LANGUAGE-SPECIFIC DISORDERS
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The Bachelor of Speech in the DSL (Specific disorders of language) is part of the Integrated Course of Speech II.
The course aims to enable the student to know and understand the essential elements to define the clinical picture of DSL in childhood, in order to enable him to apply the knowledge and understanding acquired to define the clinical picture of DSL , to plan an appropriate budget speech therapy leading to define the rehabilitation treatment, to reach this objective, the course must bring the student to acquire independence of judgment and communication skills in order to be able to communicate clearly and unambiguously knowledge and rationale underpinning these to the various stakeholders that make up the clinical team involved in the diagnosis and rehabilitation of DSL. The course therefore has to develop in the student the ability to learn that will lead him to act with professional autonomy within the DSL through all the acts defined by the professional code of ethics of the speech-language pathologist:
budget, counseling, education, rehabilitation, monitoring, treatment planning, prevention, review of the program of action, symptomatology, tester, evaluation / assessment of the effectiveness of therapy.
Course contents summary
The lessons take place first comparative analysis between specific disorders of language (DSL) in childhood and language disorders secondary to other diseases attributable to speech therapy, then come specifically for DSL (definition, classification, clinical features, risk indices, theories etiopathogenetic). The lessons then deepen some clinical disorders such as DSL inside of morphosyntax, the verbal dyspraxia and some disorders of speech. The last part of the course describes the guidelines for the rehabilitation of these clinical speech therapy and enters into the specifics of some rehabilitative methodologies.
- Disorders of language-specific and language disorders secondary to other diseases: a comparative analysis
- Disorders of specific language (DSL): definition, classification, clinical features, risk indices
- The Dyspraxia in childhood: definition, clinical, rehabilitation, speech therapy
- The verbal dyspraxia in children: definition, classification, clinical, rehabilitation, speech therapy
- The development of morphosyntax in children
- Theories on the development of morphosyntax
- The DSL of morphosyntax: definition, clinical, rehabilitation, speech therapy
- Rehabilitation of DSL logopedica of morphosyntax: guidelines, methods comparison, specific methodologies, analysis of clinical cases
- The rehabilitation of disorders of Speech
- G. Sabbadini ( a cura di) Manuale di Neuropsicologia dell’età evolutiva Ed. Zanichelli.
- L.Sabbadini, La disprassia in età evolutiva: criteri di valutazione ed intervento, Metodologie Riabilitative in Logopedia,Ed Spinger.
- M.C.Caselli, E.Mariani, M,Pieretti, Logopedia in età evolutiva:percorsi di valutazione ed esperienze riabilitative Ed. Del Cerro
- P. Cipriani, A.M. Chilosi, P. Bottari, L. Pfanner L’acquisizione della morfosintassi in italiano. Fasi e Processi Ed. Unipress
The lectures provide the presentation in video projection of the main theoretical content and methodologies rehabilitative treated during the same time watching and analyzing movies of clinical cases can provide knowledge and apply them in practical exercises.
Assessment methods and criteria
The assessment of learning and knowledge provides a written and oral exam. Through written and oral questions about the contents of the course, will occur if the student has achieved the objectives of knowledge, understanding of content and the ability to apply this knowledge to the prevention, identification, preparation and monitoring of the rehabilitation project of DSL.