The objective of this part is to provide the student with practical knowledge of some security tools, and to practically use concepts and mechanisms encountered within the course of Network Security.
Applying knowledge and understanding are:
- use of tools for cryptography, digital signature, creation and managing of digital certificates X.509 and PGP;
- configuring and use of protocols for secure communications, such as IPSec and TLS;
- use of toos for network monitoring, resources enumeration, and vulnerabiities scanning;
- configuring firewalls under unix/linux OS.
Network security course.
Course contents summary
Exercise activities on:
- Creation and use of digital certificates (X.509), CA, applications, PGP;
- IPSec, TLS;
- Protocol analyzer, Network scanning, Vulnerability test;
- Firewall (Linux netfilter).