PAIN THERAPY - INTERDISCIPLINARY CLINICAL TRAINING
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- Understanding how chronic pain develops.
- Examination of patients with chronic pain.
- Knowledge of common painful conditions
- Initial treatment and knowledge of referral possibilities.
Course contents summary
Pathophysiology of acute and chronic pain. Diagnosis and specialist treatment of common painful conditions.
Drugs used to treat acute and chronic pain.
- Transduction and conduction of pain stimuli in the nervous system
- Pathophysiology of neuropathic pain
- Common painful states: low back pain, radiculopathy, arthritis
- Clinical pharmacology of analgesics and adjuvants: antiinflammatory drugs, opioids, antidepressants, anticonvulsants etc.
Study material will be delivered during classes.
Assessment methods and criteria
Oral exam (1 question during the integrated course exam)