STRUCTURAL DRAWING AND DESIGN (UNIT 1)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge and understanding: the ability to accurately read a technical drawing, and to understand the symbolism related to machining.
Skills: drawing, freehand or with set-squares from design, drafting of a particular mechanical or deduced from relief or isometric drawing.
Making judgments: complete and unambiguous interpretation of a mechanical drawing.
Communication skills: know how of the language of mechanical drawing.
Learning skills: reading a technical drawing, ability to abstract in a 3-dimensional complex solid.
Course contents summary
Basis of technical and mechanical drawing
1. Introduction to technical drawing
2. Elements of relief and freehand drawings
4. The issue of dimensioning
5. Dimensional and geometric tolerances
6. Elastic connections
8. Fixed and mobile mechanical links
9. Notes to the tables of the unified elements.
1. Manfè, Pozza, Scarato. Disegno meccanico. (3 volumi), Principato.
2. Caligaris, Fava, Tomasello, "Dal progetto al prodotto", (3 volumi), Paravia.
Lectures and drawing exercises.
Assessment methods and criteria
Students will be able to read and produce technical drawings of single mechanical components and assemblies.
The following instruments are necessary: A3 sheets, compass, hard and soft pencils, set-square pair.