MEDICINAL PRODUCTS FOR ADVANCED THERAPY
Course contents summary
• Natural and synthetic polymers for biomedical use.
• Tridimensional polymeric scaffolds.
• Chemical modification of polymers.
• Solid-state manipulation.
• Physico-chemical characterisation polymeric films:
hydrophilicity (contact angle, swelling index);
mechanical characteristics (elastic module, elongation to break, deformability);
porosity of tridimensional structures;
surface characteristics (roughness) by microscopy;
chemical composition of the surface.
• Polymeric scaffolds as drug delivery systems.