PSYCHODYNAMICS OF FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS
Learning outcomes of the course unit
At the end of the course, students must demonstrate
- Knowledge of relational dynamics in the family's life cycle with particular reference to the dynamics of the new family forms in the current context and of theoretical frameworks on which they are based;
- The ability to apply their knowledge to the social work profession, in the care and management of the helping relationship with families in need who come spontaneously or that are reported to the Services.
• the ability to gather and interpret information about family dynamics in order to develop assessments on cases independently, taking into account the ethical dimension
• the ability to communicate this information, both in the relationship with users and as part of multidisciplinary teams;
• have developed those learning skills that are necessary either to operate with a systematic body of theoretical knowledge, a basic methodology and the use of specific professional instruments, or to undertake studies
period with a high degree of autonomy.
Course contents summary
The course will address the theme of the family and its evolutions in today's society. Will explore the family dynamics that characterize the cycle way, with particular reference to specific areas such as: Separation and divorce, blended families, migrant families drug addiction, family and the mental and physical disabilities, and the family multiproblematic and transmission intergenerational, the child maltreatment
BIBLIOGRAFIA DI BASE
o L. Fruggeri, Famiglie, Carocci, 1997, Roma
o M. Malagoli Togliatti, A. Lubrano Lavadera, Dinamiche relazionali e ciclo di vita della famiglia, Il Mulino, 2002, Bologna
o A.Cabassi, M.T. Zini, L’assistente sociale e lo psicologo: un modello di lavoro integrato, Carocci, 2004, Roma
APPROFONDIMENTI ( di cui un testo a scelta completo obbligatorio)
o E. Spinelli, Immigrazione e Servizio Sociale, Carocci, 2003, Roma
o S. Cirillo, R. Berrini, G. Cambiaso, R. Mazza, La famiglia del tossicodipendente, Raffaello Cortina, 1996, Milano
o S. Cirillo, Cattivi genitori, Raffaello Cortina, 2005, Milano
o L. Fruggeri, Diverse normalità. Psicologia delle relazioni familiari, Carocci, 2005, Roma
o T. Bertotti, Bambini e famiglie in difficoltà, Carocci, 2012 Roma.
Lectures and group work
During the lectures the general issues related to the themes of the psychopathology of family relationships will be discussed. The course will be supported by group work and includes seminars conducted by social workers on specific issues.
Assessment methods and criteria
The final evaluation will be carry out in oral from assess:
1) The knowledge gained by the student on the topics covered in the course
2) The ability to make appropriate links between the topics covered in the course and with other disciplines
3) The ability to identify the relevant factors on which to base professional judgments on the issues and problems faced and discussed in class during the field placement
4) The ability to apply the knowledge to the professional practice during the field placement
The assessment is considered sufficient when the student demonstrates a full understanding of the basic concepts and issues discussed in class , as well as demonstrates to have sufficient capacity to make connection and reflect on what he/her has learned.
The course will be complemented by theoretical and operational seminars conducted by Social Workers on the themes:
• The family of person with addiction problems
• The family with mental and physical disabilities
• The abusing family and the child's removal