COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS REHABILITATION
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Provide knowledge and operational skills related to the application of cognitive neuropsychology in rehabilitation, with references to the use of neuropsychological rehabilitation techniques within specific pathological patterns even at the sensory-motor level: ie aimed at neuropsychological disorders of adults, 'attention and its disorders, executive functions, voluntary cognitive control of movement, visuo-perceptual functions aimed at identifying the stimulus, written and oral language (both central and peripheral).
Course contents summary
- Foundations of cognitive rehabilitation
- The neuropsychological evaluation: how, when and why
- Theoretical models of neuropsychological rehabilitation of different cognitive functions: executive functions, language, praxis and gnosies.
- Cognitive rehabilitation and sensorimotor rehabilitation in the presence of cognitive disorders: which differences
- Effectiveness tests: Evidence Based Medicine and Evidence Based Practice
- Discussion of clinical cases
- Evaluation and management of dysphagia.
GIUSEPPE VALLAR, COSTANZA PAPAGNO (A CURA DI) Manuale di neuropsicologia - Clinica ed elementi di riabilitazione. Ed Il Mulino
Notes provided by the teacher
Lectures with case analysis and video viewing
Assessment methods and criteria
Test 30 multiple choice questions