1. Knowledge and comprehension skills. Students will achieve a good knowledge regarding the psychometric models underlying the test used for psychopathology evaluation and neuropsychological diagnosis.
2. Applying knowledge and comprehension skills: students will be able to give a reliable evaluation of the quality requirements concerning psychodiagnostics instruments; moreover, they will may set up the correct steps for tests construction and/ or validation.
3. Judgment autonomy: students will develop an adequate discriminating judgment autonomy regarding the quality characteristics of the psychometric instruments usually employed in psychopathologic and neuropsychological settings.
4. Communication skills: students will be able to adequately communicate the results of the psychometric evaluation to the scientific and clinic communities.
5. Learning skills: students will learn techniques applied to the evaluation, construction and validation of psychometric instruments.
Course contents summary
Students will be provided with the theoretical and applicative instruments useful to understand and to develop the most relevant psychometrics techniques applied in psychodiagnostic, research and neuro-psychopatological diseases (developmental, degenerative and/or acquired) evaluation fields.
Use of tests for diagnostic purposes: techniques for determining the cut-off; discriminative capacity (sensitivity and specificity) and predictive (PPP and PPN, prevalence), sensitivity (ROC curve), decision-making and diagnosis (likelihood ratios , odds)
C. Barbaranelli, E. Natale (2008). I test picologici: teorie e modelli psicometrici. Roma: Carocci Editore.
Frontal lessons and class exercise.
Assessment methods and criteria
Both attending and not attending students will be administered a written examination regarding the whole program; it may be integrated, only for those who will obtained the passing grade, a facultative oral exam.