NURSING IN SPECIALIST SURGERY
LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
The course of Vascular Surgery is part of the integrated course of Clinical Surgery.
The course aims to enable the student to know and to understand the essential elements of etiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of major vascular pathological situations of surgical interest, also in order to allow the student the ability to use the knowledge and understanding gained in identifying the vascular patient’s problems.
The student at the end of the course , using the notions of anatomy, biology, physiology, pathology previously acquired , will need to demonstrate knowledge and understanding about:
- causes and consequences of major vascular pathologies of surgical interest;
- pathophysiological phenomena that are the basis of events related of vascular diseases;
- the most frequent complications that can meet the patient operated on vessels and the main risk factors for postoperative complications.
The student, also applying the knowledge and understanding acquired, shall be able, even collaborating with other professionals, to:
- contribute to the prevention of complications that can meet the vascular patient;
- identify the problems related to the surgical pathology from which the patient is suffering
- prepare an appropriate care plan
knowledge of anatomy, physiology and general pathology
COURSE CONTENTS SUMMARY
The lessons concern the most frequent vascular diseases requiring surgical treatment such as aortic and peripheral aneurysms, acute and chronic limb ischemia, carotid stenosis, varicose veins and vascular traumas.
The course covers pathogenesis, clinical symptomatology, diagnosis and treatment of vascular diseases and taken into account the possible problems of the patient undergoing surgery for diseases listed above.
TESTO ATLANTE DI PATOLOGIA VASCOLARE
ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA
The assessment of the achievement of the objectives of the course consists of an oral examination. Through questions about the contents of the course will be determined whether the student has achieved the goal of knowledge and understanding of the content. Through questions regarding prevention strategies and preparation of a care plan will be determined whether the student has achieved the aim of applying the acquired knowledge
lectures using audiovisual tools and classroom discussion