Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student must:
1)to know the messages, codes and other channels of communication,
2)to understand the processes of communication,
3)to know the semantics of the communication,
4)to know the aspects in health communication
5)to know the relationship between communication and behavior in health care.
Course contents summary
Channels,messages and other means of communication codes;communication processes;semantics of the communication;relational aspects of health communication.
• messages, codes, channels;
• The structure of the communication process;
• the language functions;
• the semantics of the communication signals, signs, icons;
• the structure of meaning;
• relational aspects in the process of humanization of care;
• look to the therapeutic relationship;
• interpersonal relations;
• the relationship between health professionals and patients;
• the interview in the context of care;
• The health care and communication;
• empathy and its components;
• fundamental attitudes for active listening;
• interaction and the development of the intentionality of the dialogue;
• touch and its importance in the relationship and therapeutic care;
• Communication with the hospitalized child;
• aspects of communication between the operator and the patient's family.
- Elementi di comunicazione per le professioni sanitarie – Autori: A. Ginestra; A. Venere; R. Vignera – FrancoAngeli;
- La comunicazione radiologica nella società del benessere - Autori: F. Schiavon, G. Guglielmi, A. Rotondo
Lectures with the use of audiovisual aids and classroom discussion with students.
Assessment methods and criteria
Written and oral exam according to the calendar of the examination.
The student is required to attend at least three quarters of the lessons and to study of one of the two texts mentioned choice