ETHICS AND BIOETHICS
LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
The course of Bioethics and ethics aims to enable the student to know and to understand the essential elements of the history of nursing theories, bioethics, professional ethics and demo-ethno-anthropology in order to allow the student the ability to use knowledge and understanding acquired in identifying the problems of the person linked to the status of the patient and to begin to address issues related with the preparation of an appropriate care plan.
The student at the end of the course will demonstrate knowledge and understanding about:
• The history of the nursing profession in Italy,
• the theories of nursing that are the basis of modern profession,
• legislation that regulates the profile
• the main tools available to today's nurse
• the main concepts and methods of anthropology
• observation and ethnographic method
The student also applying the knowledge and understanding acquired, shall be able, even collaborating with other professionals, to
- Begin to identify the problems of the person linked to the status of patient
- Identify the principles that underlie the preparation of a care plan
COURSE CONTENTS SUMMARY
The course includes a module of the history and theory of nursing with lectures that provide information about the progress of the nursing profession in Italy, the theories of nursing that are the basis of modern profession, the legislation that governs the profile and ethics the main tools available today. Another educational module, tackles the theme of change taking place in society with the arrival of the bearers of different cultures and analyzes, with an anthropological look, problems and opportunities that the contact between different cultures involves even in the nursing profession
Students will be provided with a booklet. The contents of the booklet are taken from the following references:
• Pizza G., Antropologia medica. Saperi, pratiche e politiche del corpo, Carocci, Roma, 2005
• Sontag S., Malattia come metafora. Il cancro e la sua mitologia, Einaudi, Torino, 1979
• Sclavi M., Arte di ascoltare e mondi possibili, Mondadori, Milano, 2003
• Fabietti U., Malighetti R., Matera V., Dal tribale al globale, Milano, 2002
• Pellegrino V. (a cura di), Mediare tra chi e che cosa?, Unicopli, Milano, 2007
• Pellegrino V. (a cura di), L’occidente e il mediterraneo agli occhi dei migranti, Unicopli, Milano, 2009
• Byron J.Good, Narrare la malattia, Edizioni di Comunità, Torino, 1999
• Cinotti R.,Cipolla C. (a cura di), La qualità condivisa fra servizi sanitari e cittadini, F.Angeli, Milano, 2003
For further details about the lessons of history and theory of nursing are recommended the following texts:
• “Quaderno del Nursing di base” di Agnelli, Canossa et alii. Ed. Nettuno.
• “Elementi di nursing” di Roper, Logan e Tierney. Ed. Il Pensiero Scientifico Editore.
• “L’assistenza infermieristica: storia, teorie e metodi” di C.Calamandrei, Ed. NIS
• “Piani di Assistenza Infermieristica e documentazione” di L.J.Carpenito Ed. Casa Editrice Ambrosiana
• “Diagnosi infermieristiche, applicazione nella pratica clinica” L.J. Carpenito, Ed. Ambrosiana
• “Modelli e Teorie infermieristiche” di Ruby L. Wesley, Edizioni Summa Padova
• “Processo infermieristico e pensiero critico” di Judith M.Wilkinson, Ed. Ambrosiana 2009
• “Atti del 1° Congresso Nazionale di storia dell'assistenza infermieristica in Italia. Federazione Nazionale Collegi IPASVi. Reggio Emilia 11 giugno 1993. a cura E Bertoletti”
• “Donàhue M. P. "Nursing Storia illustrata dell'assistenza infermieristica". Ed. Delfino, Roma 1991.
• “Fiumi A. "lnfermieri e ospedale. Storia della Professione infermieristica '800 e '900" Verona: Nettuno, 1993”
• “ Manzoni E. “Storia e filosofia della assistenza infermieristica” Masson, 1996
• “C. Sironi “Storia dell’assistenza infermieristica” NIS, 1992
• Siniscalchi V., Antropologia culturale, Carocci, Roma, 2001 (Cap. 1-2-4-5)
ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA
The assessment of the achievement of the objectives of the course consists of an oral examination. Through questions about the contents of the course will be determined whether the student has achieved the goal of knowledge and understanding of the content. Through questions regarding prevention strategies and preparation of a care plan will be determined whether the student has achieved the aim of applying the acquired knowledge
lectures using audiovisual tools and classroom discussion
Program of history and theory of nursing
- L 'nursing as a scientific discipline.
- Definition of Discipline. What characterizes a discipline.
- Difference between conceptual structure and syntactic structure. conceptual framework
- Definition of theory, phenomenon, the concept of metaparadigma of (or nursing) and the concepts that constitute it: person, environment, health, nursing.
- Relationship between the conceptual structure and the syntactic structure ..
Syntactic structure: the problem solving as the conceptual basis of the nursing process.
The process of nursing (or nursing process) definition, phases and sub-phases:
- Assessment: objective data and subjective criteria of data collection (cards assessement)
- Planning: the formulation of nursing diagnoses, identifying problems, building goals, identification and intervention planning for troubleshooting
- Implementation and evaluation of the process.
Nursing record and analysis of clinical cases.
- The nursing record as an operational tool and as an educational tool: differences.
- The analysis of a clinical case.
- Presentation of the nursing record for instructional use.
Conceptual structure: analysis of some nursing theories:
- Nightingale, Peplau, henderson, orem, Leininger, watson,. Rogers, banners, roper and Carpenito.
- Deepening of the theory of activity 'life n.roper.
The cataloging of nursing diagnoses:
- The American classification system nanda
- L.j: Carpenito (bifocal)
- The classification of the objectives / results (noc)
- The classification of priorities (nic)
History and Philosophy of Care
Basic concepts of the nursing profession
Development of the nursing profession in different historical periods.
History and philosophy of nursing from antiquity to the present day in Italy, Europe, USA
Statement of Nurses Training
- R.D. 21 November 1929 n ° 2330
- May 24, 1965 Presidential Decree n ° 775
- Law No. 124 February 25, 1971
- Law n ° 795 November 15, 1973 Ratification of the agreement Strasbourg October 25 1967
- Law 19/11/1990, n. 341 ("Reform of university teaching")
- DL December 30, 1992 # 502 Reorganisation of healthcare regulations
- Establishment of DU in Nursing
- Decree of 3 November 1999, n. 509
- DM 270 October 22, 2004
Statement of Professional Nurses
- Presidential Decree No. 14 March 1974 225 (job description)
- Ministerial Decree September 14 N. 739/94 (professional profile)
- Law of 26 February 1999, n. 42 Abolition job description
- The code of ethics
Program of demo-ethno-anthropology
• Main concepts and methods of anthropology
• The observation and ethnographic method
• The communication and interactions in everyday life socilai
• Illness and care: medical and health issues in anthropological perspective