LABORATORY OF COMMUNICATION: MANAGEMENT AND OPERATIONS OF THE WORKING GROUPS AND STUDY
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The Laboratory is part of the communication or the Teaching Integrated Course of Applied psychology of group dynamics and social issues.
The course aims to enable students to develop advanced knowledge and skills of understanding related to the phenomena of interpersonal and group communication, in order to allow you to develop original ideas for the use of communication in care settings, training and research. The workshop also aims to encourage the student, the development of skills and abilities to deal with, from the relational point of view, even complex situations related to interactions with users and family and the relationships within and between the health care team.
The student at the end of the course, using the knowledge provided by the laboratory must demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding about:
- The main tools of communication / relationship which can now be used in the practice of nursing
- The main theoretical concepts that support the focus on communication in care settings
- The epistemological assumptions and main instruments of psychosocial research
- New tools and modes of communication
The student also applying the knowledge and understanding acquired, shall be able, even collaborating with other professionals, to
- Experiencing oneself in the care relationship
- Experiencing oneself in the report within the groups and in the group management
- Prepare projects for improvement of the communication field
- Develop original ideas to propose in their operational contexts
basic knowledge on communication
Course contents summary
The lectures cover the general principles underlying the use of communication in organizational and clinical practice, with particular reference to the groups. From the phenomenological paradigm defines the basic tools that affect the professional relationship / family member and the strategies that are used for conducting groups with pragmatic purposes or research, the type of psychosocial research as the preferred approach of investigation and social interactions in care are also treated as new forms of communication, such as multimedia, with particular reference to the use of platforms and the establishment of communities of practice.
There are also workshops where the students are tested on the topics discussed actively in theory, in particular, are carried out simulations of focus groups, we present and discuss the results of some research of psychosocial, using the computer lab to activate the platform on line, collects a narrative of illness and is discussed in the group.
• The theoretical assumptions of the communication and relationship in care settings
• The main instruments of the report: interview counseling, narrative, autobiography
• Tools for working with the group: focus groups
• Methods and tools of psychosocial research
• The new forms of communication and e-learning, communities of practice
• Social interaction in the care
Le lezioni teoriche riguardano i principi generali che sottendono all’utilizzo della comunicazione nella pratica clinica e organizzativa, con particolare riferimento ai gruppi. Dal paradigma fenomenologico vengono definiti gli strumenti fondamentali che riguardano la relazione professionista/utente e famiglia, le strategie che vengono utilizzate per la conduzione di gruppi con finalità pragmatiche o di ricerca, la tipologia della ricerca psicosociale come approccio privilegiato di indagine e le interazioni sociali nella cura Vengono inoltre trattate le nuove forme di comunicazione, quali quelle multimediali, con particolare riferimento all’utilizzo di piattaforme e la costituzione di comunità di pratica.
Sono previsti anche laboratori in cui i corsisti si sperimentano attivamente sui temi trattati teoricamente; in particolare si effettuano simulazioni di focus group, si presentano e discutono i risultati di alcune ricerche di tipo psicosociale, si utilizza l’aula di informatica per attivarsi sulla piattaforma on line, si raccoglie una narrazione di malattia e la si discute in gruppo.
lectures and laboratoratories
Assessment methods and criteria
The assessment of the achievement of the objectives of the course includes a written examination, which will be an improvement project, given its context, see that applied the themes of the course.