SOCIOLOGY APPLIED TO WORK'S DYNAMICS
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course aims at providing the student with some expertise in the interactive dynamics in the social-health contexts of work.
At the end of the course, the student should have acquired the ability to
- Understand and critically evaluate the social dynamics and organizational resources in health care settings;
- To grasp the main evolutionary trends and to deepen the study of independently related fields of knowledge;
- To apply the acquired knowledge to concrete cases and to support their thesis with adequate command of the language and arguments.
Degree in nursing.
Course contents summary
Interactive dynamics in the cure/care contexts in transformation. First, the processes of crisis of the hyerarchical models of job will be discussed. Then, the emergence of conflict and collaboration dynamics will be analyzed.
The knowledge and social relationships in the enlarged scene of care.
- The health scene from the hierarchic to the polycentric model,
- From the dualism doctor-patient to the enlarged interaction,
- The knowledge of care: cognitive, normative and relational
- The priority of the relationships in the processes of care,
- Logic of choice and the logic of care,
- The moral order in health care organizations,
- The process of categorization in health,
- Medical evidence and biographical evidence
- An outline of the methodology of observation and self-observation
S. Manghi, Il medico, il paziente e l'altro, Angeli, Milano, 2005.
R. Lusardi, Corpi, tecnologie e pratiche di cura, Angeli, Milano, 2012.
Lessons and practices of reflexive observation.
Assessment methods and criteria
Paper of analysis of a work context.