History of political thought
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- Acquire a deep knowledge of the origins and the historical development of the western political thought both in ancient and modern times;
- This class will help the students to understand the main themes and authors of the western political thought in relation to the historical contexts.
- Pupils are expected to be able to analyze and interpret past and present national and international political scenarios.
- Students are supposed to elaborate an independent critical textual analysis, and to associate different authors and their political thoughts.
- By analyzing the main authors’ thoughts, students will be able to elaborate clearly and correctly synthetic ideas on the main questions related to modern and contemporary politics.
Course contents summary
The course will study in depth some of the main concepts in the ancient, modern and contemporary western political thought, by the study of the most significant authors.
Assessment methods and criteria