ANALYSIS OF URBAN MORPHOLOGY AND CONSTRUCTION TYPOLOGY
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Equip the student with those critical tools that enable them to understand the logical formation of the urban fabric as the aware foundation of the architectural project.
Course contents summary
A building is never an "isolated object", on the contrary it is always part of a context, natural or anthropic.
A complex environment, made of social, economic, cultural, civil, "tissues" able to mirror the urban fabrics. To know how to read these fabrics, to learn how to understand their relational logic, standby and differences, it means to consciously build the project of their transformation.
- M. Maretto Ecocities. Il progetto urbano tra morfologia e sostenibilità. Franco Angeli, Roma-Milano 2012.
- M. Maretto Saverio Muratori. Il progetto della città. Franco Angeli, Roma-Milano 2012.
- M. Maretto Il Paesaggio delle Differenze. Architettura, città e territorio nella nuova era globale. ETS Edizioni, Pisa 2008.
- J. Habraken The Structure o the ordinary. Form and Control in the Built Environment. Jonathan Teicher, Editor, Cambridge MIT Press, 1998, 359 p.
- A.Petruccioli Jhon Brinkeroff Jackson. A proposito dei paesaggi. Dodici saggi brevi. ICAR, Politecnico di Bari 2006
A series of lectures and critical reading experience "in the field" of an urban area with its graphical depiction are the preferred tools of teaching.
Assessment methods and criteria
Some of the analytical work midterm and final discussion of the papers are the preferred mode of Assessment.