Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course of Surgery Specialist is part of the Integrated Course of Clinical Surgery.
The course aims to enable the student to know and to understand the essential elements of etiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of major thoracic surgical situations patlogiche of interest, also in order to allow the student the ability to use the knowledge and understanding gained in identifying the patient's problems related to the condition of the person suffering from chest diseases of surgical interest and to prepare an appropriate care plan.
The student at the end of the course, using the knowledge of anatomy, biology, physiology, pathology and general psychology previously acquired will need to demonstrate knowledge and understanding about:
- The pathophysiologic phenomena that are the basis of events connected with the pathology of surgical interest and thoracic surgery on the chest
- The most frequent complications that can meet the patient operated on the chest and the main risk factors for postoperative complications
- The causes and consequences of the main thoracic pathologies of surgical interest
The student also applying the knowledge and understanding acquired, shall be able, even collaborating with other professionals, to
- Contribute to the prevention of complications that can meet the patient with thoracic pathology of surgical interest
- Identify the problems related to the surgical pathology from which the patient is suffering
- Prepare a care plan appropriate
Knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology
Course contents summary
inglesefranceseitalianoThe lessons cover general topics such as the use of chest drains and issues related to the most frequent thoracic pathologies requiring surgical treatment such as cancers of the lung, pleura and mediastinum, pneumothorax and thoracic traumas.
It covers aspects of the pathogenesis, clinical symptomatology, diagnosis and treatment of diseases and are taken into account the possible problems of the patient undergoing surgery for diseases listed above.
1) Lung Cancer
2) Lung metastases
3) tumors of the pleura
4) Tumors of the chest wall
5) tumors of the mediastinum
7) Trauma of the chest
1. Patologia Toracica di interesse chirurgico. Carbognani-Ampollini-Rusca. Monte Università Parma Editore.
lectures using audiovisual tools and classroom discussion
Assessment methods and criteria
The assessment of the achievement of the objectives of the course consists of an oral examination. Through questions about the contents of the course will be determined whether the student has achieved the goal of knowledge and understanding of the content. Through questions regarding prevention strategies and preparation of a care plan will be determined whether the student has achieved the aim of applying the acquired knowledge