Learning outcomes of the course unit
To provide the students with the theoretical and practical knowledge to identify, measure and evaluate the main risk factors (physical and chemical) at worplace.
Course contents summary
1.General methodology of prevention at workplace;
2. Environmental pollutants: particles (dusts, smokes, fibers); gases, vapours and fogs; biological agents.
3. Occupational exposure limits: TLVs, PELs, RELs, OELs.
4. Exposure assessment and its role in the Risk Assessment and Risk cHaracterization
5. The workplace survey for the identification of pollution sources
6. General strategy of environmental monitoring. Sampling strategy and relevance of available methods. UNI EN 482/98 and UNI EN 689/97
7. Dynamics of intake of airborne pollutants; the sampling strategy based on dimensional selection.
8. Sampling strategy for the airborne pollutants.
9. Preventive actions: general ventilation and personal protective equipment.
10. Microclimate and heat stress indices (HSI, WBGT)
11. Industrial noise: measurement, data evaluation and criteria for risk according the current Italian legislation (D.Leg.vo 81/08); medical and technical preventive measures
Manuale di Medicina del Lavoro e Igiene Industriale per Tecnici della Prevenzione
Authors: Alessio - Apostoli. Editor: Piccin
ISBN: 9788829920204. 2009 Edition
Assessment methods and criteria