PHARMACO - VIGILANCE
ACADEMIC YEAR: 2014/2015
YEAR OF STUDY: 3
SEMESTER: Second semester
NUMBER OF CREDITS: 5
CONTACT HOURS: 40
The course aims to enable the student to know and understand the basic elements related to the Pharmacovigilance system also in order to allow the student the ability to use the knowledge and understanding for the control and surveillance of marketed drugs. The course also aims to provide the knowledge and ability to understand concerning the nature and the mechanisms underlying the adverse effects of drugs.
- The Basics of Pharmacovigilance
- The concept of risk
- Mechanisms of clinically relevant adverse reactions
- Spontaneous reports of ADRs
- Pharmacoepidemiology, general concepts
- The risk menagement
- Legislation in Pharmacovigilance
- The protagonists of Pharmacovigilance and the situation in Italy and Europe
1) Elementi di Farmacovigilanza
(Ed. 2009) SEE-Firenze
2) Cobert's Manual of Drug Safety & Pharmacovigilance
(2nd edition, 2011) Jones and Bartlett Learning
Oral lecture integrated with power point slides. The student at the end of the course, using the knowledge gained will need to demonstrate knowledge and understanding about the rules of Pharmacovigilance, as these are motivated, edited and shown to users.
The assessment of the achievement of the objectives of the course consists of a written exam. Through questions about the contents of the course will be determined whether the student has achieved the goal of knowledge and understanding of the content.