USEFUL KNOWLEDGE FOR ENTERING THE JOB MARKET
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Introduce the knowledge of the rules that control professional activity of the Biologist and application fields connected. Make attendants obtain an approach oriented to managements’ techniques for the quality and the skill to develop documents coherent with law and technic rules of reference.
Course contents summary
Give to the future Biologists technical and law bases consistent with Biologist’s working activities.
The course is divided in three sections:
- In the first there will be presented the rules of law that establish the professional figure and professional competences of the Biologist. It will be introduced the professional Ethical Code in order to present activity fields in which it will be possible to operate and limits of activities. There will be introduced professional activities bases defining reference rules and pointing out the rules of law, technical rules and the relationship between them.
- In the second part there will be introduced the concepts of systems’ management for the quality and principal professional fields where there system are applied.
- In the third part there will be introduced examples of application of law and technical rules and case history in order to grant and operative approach
- Professional figure of the Biologist
- Institutive law of the profession of the Biologist n. 396, May the 24th, 1967
- Regulations of actuation of the Institutive law, rules of law inherent professional activities of Biologists
- Ethical Code
- Relation between law and technical rules: characteristics and fields of applications specifically for the Biologist
- Systems’ Management for the Quality of services/products
- UNI EN ISO 9001:2008 Rule
- Basic principles, characteristics and applicative examples
- Examples of operative protocols, their articulation and redaction
- Rules related to laboratory’s activity (di prova) and ISO UNI CEI EN 17025
- D.Lgs n. 81/08 and security of workplace (general mentions)
- Security in laboratories
- Labelling, technical cards and security of reagents
- Biological hazard and general logics of evaluation, management and prevention
- Environmental management’s systems, basic principles, and application of UNI EN ISO 14001
- System of quality management oriented at ensure healthiness of food
- Vertical and horizontal legally binding rules. General principles of function and aim
- HACCP System and applications
- Voluntary certification’s systems in sectors as Biologic Agriculture, DOP and IGP
- Some specific aspects of food matrixes and explicative case history of peculiarity of specific alimentary sectors
- Technical disciplinary of product, characteristics and applications
- Audit activity for the verification and functioning of quality systems
- UNI EN ISO 19011 Rule, specificity, field of application and relations with recent CEE regulations
- Formative courses for figures taken in internal audit’s procedures, of second and third part (certification)
- Biologist’s competences in fields of recent interest
- Cosmetic Microbiology
- Professional commitment in nutritional field
- Professional activities of counseling in law ambit, CTU, CTP and related activities
Rules of law, technical rules UNI, EN, ISO, slides show, bibliography and texts mentioned during didactic activities.
During lectures there will be presented various subjects, through digital documents, stimulating interventions oriented at the development and interactive learning of subjects’ characteristics. In order to facilitate this activity there will be presented simple applicative activities and case history related to subjects introduced. Some of these cases there will be developed in an interactive way with the attendants.
Assessment methods and criteria
The test will be made of a written part, where will be expected a solution to various exercises, and an oral part about theoretical subjects and applications discussed during the course.
The verification will be provided with both closed and open answers. Closed answers will be about base knowledge needed to operate in a professionally correct way; open answers will be about base concepts and practical notions in various possible activity fields for a Biologist.
On request or in case of difficulties about the written part, there will be the possibility to verify the acquisition of minimum knowledge through oral test.
There will be also learning tests during the course in order to give objective parameters of self-assessment.
The verification will be, in any way, expressed as “suitable” or “not suitable” and it will be the synthesis of the global evaluation of all tests.