Learning outcomes of the course unit
- To know the basic terminology of pedagogy and education.
- To know, analyze and critically revise the main concepts of social and media pedagogy.
- To connect authors, current developments and concepts.
Course contents summary
The course explores the problem of educational needs in human societies, especially the ones connected to today's cultural change and to the policentric structure of the educational system. The course also refers to the role of mass and personal media on implicit education, to digital divide, and to media literacy education.
In the first part of the course, the main concepts of social pedagogy will be developed. In the second one, the main guidelines of media pedagogy will be introduced.
- S. TRAMMA, Pedagogia sociale, Milano, Guerini, 2010 (nuova edizione).
- D. FELINI, Pedagogia dei media. Questioni, percorsi e sviluppi, Brescia, La Scuola, 2004 [tutto, eccetto il cap. 5].
- L. CAIMI (a cura di), Il confine sottile. Culture giovanili, legalità, educazione, Milano, Vita e Pensiero, 2012.
- D. FELINI (a cura di), Video game education. Studi e percorsi di formazione, Milano, Unicopli, 2012.
Oral lesson, group discussion.
Assessment methods and criteria