Food safety management in food service
LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
- To synthetically remind the food products quality requisites: compulsory and
regulated (with law references), contractual and voluntary.
- To provide up-to-dated law documentation on the food hygiene and guidelines for
the effective GHP prerequisites and HACCP system implementation.
- To exemplify, for a food product, the hazard analysis and the HACCP plan drawing
- To use without translation documents in English language.
- Base elements of food chemistry and microbiology.
- Understanding written English.
COURSE CONTENTS SUMMARY
- Introduction and basic definitions.
- Hygiene and commercial food quality requirements.
- European Food Law.
- GHP, HACCP System, identification and traceability.
- Practical example of HACCP documentation.
- Guideline for the access to information sources on hygiene requisites.
Electronic training aids supplied by the teacher (also comprehending deepening
topics not illustrated during lessons), with web links for free downloading cited
ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA
Lesson and exercitation
Introduction and basic definitions.
Hygiene and commercial food quality requirements.
European Food Law.
GHP, HACCP System, identification and traceability.
Practical example of HACCP documentation.
Guideline for the access to information sources on hygiene requisites.