FORENSIC MEDICINE AND CLINICAL BIOETHICS
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course will provide students with the basic juridical concepts and principal applicable standards and doctrines of specific interest for correctly performing the activity of physiotherapist within the current healthcare profession context12.
The course will provide students with the basic juridical concepts and principal applicable standards and doctrines of specific interest for correctly performing the activity of physiotherapist within the current healthcare profession context.
Course contents summary
- Current teaching regulations and legal aspects of the healthcare profession of physiotherapist
- Ethical codes
- Overview of legal questions
- The healthcare professional qualified as a public official, assigned to a public service providing a necessary public service
- Basic concepts regarding the penal code: crimes and violations; principal and secondary sanctions; psychological aspect of crime (concept of wilful wrongdoing, crime in excess of intent and misconduct); cause and concurrent cause; motives for non-punishability; imputability
- Principal health-related crimes: failure to make a referral, complaint or report; failure to provide assistance; private violence, family abuse (reporting situations of child neglect)
- Abuse of professional practice
- Healthcare documentation: the crimes of forgery and fraud in a public document
- &nb sp; The patient-healthcare worker relationship: professional secrecy, informed consent
- Protection of privacy: applicable standards and primary obligations for healthcare workers
- Professional responsibility of the physiotherapist
1) Copy of teaching materials for each lesson
2) Benci L.: Le professioni sanitarie (non mediche): aspetti giuridici, deontologici e medico legali ? Ed. McGraw-Hill Italia (most recent edition
Classroom lectures with the use of audiovisual aids
Written exam at the end of the unit, or an oral exam on the basis of the exam schedule.