Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student will understanf the pathological bases of human disease, with special emphasis on conditions of biotechnological interest.
Course contents summary
1. Cell injury and death.
2. Cell Pathology: Adaptations, Tesaurismosis, Oxidative and ischemic stress; Aging.
3. Genetic Pathology: Mutations; Genetic diseases; Monogenic diseases (examples); Multifactorial diseases;; Chromosomic defects.
4. The response to tissue injury: Hemostasis; Tissue Repair; Fibrosis.
5. Blood Pathology. Anemias.
6. Tumors: Benign and Malignant tumors: principles of classification; The neoplastic cells; The Molecular Bases of neoplastic Transformation; Progression, invasivity, and metastasis; Cytological and immunohistochemical diagnosis in oncology. Tumor Markers.
Robbins e Cotran - Le basi patologiche delle malattie vol. 1 Patologia generale - Elsevier
Parola - Patologia Generale - Edises
Interactive oral lessons
Assessment methods and criteria