PRINCIPLES OF BOBATH CONCEPT
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Course goals :
- to achieve teorethical knowledge on UMNS
- to achieve neurophysiological basis for postural control as a base for movement control
- to achieve bases for functional assessment of neurological patients
- to treat patients on base of functional assessment
Course contents summary
THE COURSE WOULD GIVE TO THE STUDENTS BASIC CONCEPT BOBATH REHABILITATION APPROACH;
FIRST LESSONS WILL FOCUS ON UPPER LIMB MOTOR CONTROL MECHANISM;POSTURAL CONTROL;LOWER LIMB AND GAIT CONTROL;THE OTHER LESSONS WILL FOCUS ON PATIENT MOTOR ASSESMENT AND REHABILITATION TREATEMENT.KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING AND APPLYING KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING,MAKING JUDGEMENT,COMUNICATION SKILLS ARE THE 1° , 2°,3°,4° DUBLIN DESCRPTORS USED FOR LEARNING EVALUATION COURSE.
- Upper motorneuron syndrome
- Postural control
- Recovery of the upper limb
Assessment and treatment
- trunk control
- recovery of the upper limb
BIBLIOGRAPHY : Motor Control, Shumway-Cook and Woollacot
Bobath Concept, BBTA Black and Wiley
THEORETICAL LESSONS : 1°,2° DUBLIN DESCRIPTOR
PRACTICAL LESSONS: 3°,4°,5° DUBLIN DESCRIPTORS
Assessment methods and criteria
written test for knowledge and understanding and applying knowledge and understanding.
Practical test for making judgement,communication skills,learning skills.