Credits for sport activities
The University of Parma engages in promoting wellbeing and healthy lifestyles by encouraging students to practise sport at all levels, and by providing access to structured programmes in different sports. Since the academic year 2014-2015, the University of Parma has recognized sport activities as valid educational components in all university degrees. Students can submit their sport achievements, activities and career for validation to academic authorities, which will grant them up to 6 ECTS credits for elective subjects (25 sport hours correspond to 1 ECTS credit). It is possible to validate professional, semi-professional or amateur sport activities whether previously or currently practised. According to Regulations XX S.D,R,.N. N.894, 24th April 2014, students must submit their requests for validation to CUS Parma, at email@example.com.
Erasmus and International students can benefit from the same opportunity by joining the sport programme of the University of Parma. However, as regards Erasmus students, we can only validate professional/semi-professional activities only if practised with the University CUS.
- The CUS will verify and validate all requests concerning:
- professional/ semi-professional sport activities practised during your University career, whether with or outside the CUS Parma (the latter for International students only).
- amateur sport activities only if practised with the CUS Parma
- The CUS cannot validate:
- requests on sport activities practised before the enrolment on your degree course
- requests on amateur sport activities practised outside the CUS
- Erasmus students' requests concerning professional/semi-professional sport activities practised outside the University CUS
- The CUS will then submit your request to the Course Council of Sport Sciences, Physical Exercise and Human Health and to the Course Council of your degree course (or to the Erasmus Delegates), for definitive approval and assignment of ECTS credits.
Phone: +39 0521 905532
Secretary Office opening hours: Mon - Fri, 10.30 a.m. - 6.30 p.m.
- General admission requirements
- Application procedure A.Y. 2019-2020
- Academic calendar
- General arrangements for the recognition of prior learning
- Course catalogue - Academic Year 2019-2020
- Course catalogue - Academic Year 2018-2019
- Second cycle degree courses taught in English
- Tuition fees and scholarships 2019-2020
- Credits for sport activities
- University Master Programmes
- Postgraduate Schools
- Research doctorates