Lessons in the first semester 20-21
Classes, lectures and safety rules
Following the Prime Ministerial Decree of November 3, 2020:
- All training and curricular activities are carried out online; only the educational and curricular activities of the courses relating to the first year of the study courses as well as those of the laboratories may be held in person. In light of the new provisions, starting tomorrow, November 5th, the teaching activities of the Departments will have to be aligned with the new national directives.
-For didactic activities that can be carried out in person, please note that the actual capacity of the classrooms must be limited to no more than 25% of the nominal capacity;
- Libraries will to be opened for loan and consultation upon reservation by interested parties only.
Classes and lectures in “mixed” mode: face-to-face and online
The University of Parma is ready to face the beginning of face-to-face lectures, as well as its own students, faculties and staff comeback to university spaces, of course in full respect of security standards, at the same time guaranteeing the opportunity to attend lectures in virtual mode for those students not in the conditions to move from their residences.
In strict compliance with the required safety measures running in this post-COVID19 phase, the University has equipped to improve the availability of classrooms in order to make the return to face-to-face lectures possible in a safe way. For this reason, an important agreement with The Space Cinema has been signed for the management of cinema halls for the Fall Semester 2020/2021.
Furthermore, thanks to a funding of more than one million Euros awarded by the Italian Ministry of the University and Research (MUR), it has been possible to finalize a plan for the improvement of technological infrastructures towards the digitalization of education and student services.
All these measures together have the aim to allow the setup of a “mixed” system as efficient as possible for delivering lectures.
Starting from the general guidelines, aiming to ensure the delivery of lectures both in face-to-face and online modes, each University Department has identified its own modality that may fit both its own specificities and the structural capabilities of its buildings. A dedicated section is available in each Department website where all information about lectures in the fall semester can be found (delivery method, starting dates, Welcome Day, timetable of lectures, etc.).
Please find below the Department websites links:
- Dipartimento di Discipline Umanistiche, Sociali e delle Imprese Culturali
- Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza, Studî Politici e Internazionali
- Dipartimento di Ingegneria e Architettura
- Dipartimento di Medicina e Chirurgia
- Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, della Vita e della Sostenibilità Ambientale
- Dipartimento di Scienze degli Alimenti e del Farmaco
- Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Aziendali
- Dipartimento di Scienze Matematiche, Fisiche e Informatiche
- Dipartimento di Scienze Medico-Veterinarie
To allow students to get familiar in the panorama of available instruments for attending classes (both in online and face-to-face modes), a “Starter Pack for Mixed Education during the Fall Semester” has been prompted. The starter pack is made up of:
- a guide on how to reserve a seat;
- a guide and instructions on how to access Elly (Moodle platform where professors upload education materials)
- a guide on how to access MS Teams (Microsoft videoconferencing platform used for online classes)
- contacts and references for technical support
In order to access online lectures, those students not yet having closed the matriculation registration process or not yet having received the University personal credentials (email@example.com) must “raise” the level of their temporary access credentials (temporary code) to the level of “guest credentials” by using the “Assumi firstname.lastname@example.org” app.
Reserving a seat for face-to-face classes (in presence)
In order to guarantee the maximum security for face-to-face activities as well as a regular rotation of students in presence, the University of Parma has finalized a system to allow the reservation of seats for those lectures that can be attended in presence.
Reserving a seat may be easily done through either the “UNIPR Mobile” app or the “Agenda student” web portal. The updated version of the app is already available for download at both IOS and Android stores. The new app version allows seat reservation; therefore, students already using the app are invited to update their version.
Each student must first configure his/her own reservation profile by selecting a degree course available at each University Department and the desired face-to-face available lectures; then, he/she may reserve a seat for each selected lecture that offers face-to-face classes.
To guarantee the rotation principle, each student has an assigned number of hours for each lecture. Once the number of hours is used, the student cannot reserve a seat anymore. The “reservable” number of hours will be automatically calculated by the reservation system and daily updated inversely proportional to the number of students who chose the single specific lecture in their reservation profile.
Reservation can be done starting a week earlier than the lecture date and can be canceled up to the day before the lecture takes place. In order to optimize the organization of spaces, students are strongly advised to reserve all the lectures planned in each single day of their degree year. If some places should be still available 12 hours before the beginning of the lecture, a last-minute reservation procedure open to all students will start. During the last-minute procedure, also students having finished their number of given hours may reserve a seat.
The reservation system automatically sends an e-mail with a reservation receipt – access card. The card is unique for all the lectures in the given day. Students are called to print (or save in their smartphone) the access card. Verification procedures may take place while entering the University building.
First-year students are called to reserve their seat for face-to-face Welcome Days (Lezioni Zero), the welcome meetings organized by each University Degree Course. In order to reserve your participation in the Welcome Day, adding “Lezione Zero” in one’s own app profile id required.
Students who cannot find a free place in a face-to-face lecture or who cannot move from home in force of the sanitary emergency, may easily access the lecture in online mode.
The guidelines for reserving a seat are available on the official website of the SELMA University Centre at the following section: “Starter Pack per la Didattica mista del Primo semester” -> “Guida all’App di Prenotazione del posto”.
In case any support is needed, students may contact email@example.com or call the Contact Center at 0521.906789.
#UniprInSicurezza: 10 RULES TO LIVE THE UNIVERSITY TOGETHER
The University of Parma is ready to welcome its students for this new academic year. To start together again and respect the whole University community, it is very important to respect the following set of guidelines:
1. you cannot come to the University if:
a. you have symptoms of acute respiratory infection: fever, cough, flu
b. you come from risk areas (I.e.: foreign Countries under restriction measures)
c. you had close contacts with COVID-19-positive people (co-habitees, familiars, etc.)
d. you’re positive to SARS-COV-2
2. Enter the classroom only if you have reserved your seat via UNIPR Mobile app or via Web through the Agenda Studenti by using the University personal credentials;
3. To enter the University buildings:
a. wear a mask (either surgical mask or community mask)
b. sanitize your hands frequently
c. accept to undertake random checks of your body temperature
4. Enter and exit classrooms and labs following the paths drawn by official signage;
5. respect the lectures times and avoid crowding;
6. While in classroom, please use only the countersigned places, by occupying a seat starting from furthest row from the entrance; if the lecture takes place in a cinema hall, please chose alternate seats as in chessboard pattern
7. Respect 1 mt. distance from another person, also:
a. waiting to enter the classroom;
b. during lecture breaks;
c. while transferring from one University building to another;
d. while outdoor;
8. While in labs, please follow the professor’s instructions;
9. Download the IMMUNI app and keep it active while inside the University areas;
10. In case you had close contacts with anyone positive to COVID-19, or if you result positive to COVID-19, please contact immediately the University “Servizio di Medicina Preventiva” (0521.033101/3, firstname.lastname@example.org) and the coordinators of your Degree Course (Course Dean, Didactics Secretariat, Dept. Secretariat)