International students' traineeship vademecum
- Once you have decided which Traineeship you would like to do at University of Parma, please contact the Erasmus and International Home and send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill in the form Proposed Mobility Programme (Learning Agreement for Traineeship).
- Your sending Institution fills in the section with its details (The sending institution).
- The receiving Department/Office/Organisation fills in the section with its details (The receiving organisation/enterprise) and identifies a Supervisor.
- The trainee, the sending Institution and the receiving Department/Office/Organisation, by signing the Commitment (III. COMMITMENT OF THE THREE PARTIES), approve the proposed Learning Agreement and confirm they will comply with all the arrangements agreed.
You must be insured by your sending Institution or by yourself. The receiving Department/Office/Organisation commits to grant the trainee a minimum insurance coverage only if necessary (covering damages caused by the student at the work place).
The University of Parma offers full support to find suitable accommodation solutions to all incoming students. Since February 2016, the University of Parma has activated a new office (AO Accoglienza) specifically aimed at this purpose.
In addition to this, the University of Parma is full member to Housing Anywhere, the European Platform for renting out or finding temporary accommodation.
To receive any information about lodging solutions available in Parma, you may directly address your request to:
P.le San Francesco, 3 - 43121 Parma
DURING THE MOBILITY
- When in Parma, please go to the Erasmus and International Home, Piazzale San Francesco, 3 – 43121 Parma for registration. Take with you 2 passport photos, the Learning Agreement for Traineeship duly signed and a copy of your Identity Card/Passport.
- You will receive your Personal Student Card which allows you to be identified as a student - trainee of University of Parma.The office will enroll you at the university. The registration provides you with a minimum insurance only if necessary.
- You will meet your Supervisor and start your Traineeship.
- In case changes have to be introduced into the original Learning Agreement, all parties must confirm that the proposed amendments are approved by signing the form (original signatures are not necessary; the documents can be scanned) (EXCEPTIONAL CHANGES TO THE PROPOSED MOBILITY PROGRAMME).
- The receiving Department/Office/Organisation provides a Traineeship Certificate normally within 5 weeks after completion of the traineeship; the Certificate will include the start and end dates.
- Before leaving, please take the Learning Agreement for Traineeship (After the Mobility section) duly signed to the Erasmus and International Home. If you are leaving and the document is not ready yet, the Supervisor/Mentor will sign only the section showing start and end dates. The complete document will be mailed to your University within 5 weeks.
- The receiving Department/Office/Organisation will hand you in an Employer's Assessment Form which includes a complete evaluation of your traineeship period and activity.
- Before leaving, you will be asked to fill in the Trainee/Student’s Traineeship Evaluation Form.