ERASMUS PLUS SMT
Student mobility for traineeship
The University of Parma offers incoming students a wide variety of traineeship opportunities to gain some professional experience in an international environment and to put into practice, in specific workplace settings, the knowledge and skills acquired during their studies. Foreign students may choose from a broad spectrum of traineeships in many different locations: administrative offices and services, museums, hospital wards, and schools. Whichever area they choose for their traineeship, a supervisor will guide students through the whole period, from the first step to the final evaluation of a specific traineeship project.
The contact reference in the University of Parma is the Erasmus and International Home.
Before the mobility
- Once you have decided which Traineeship you would like to carry out at the University of Parma, please send your C.V. and motivational letter to email@example.com
- Your request will be submitted to the Coordinator of the relevant Department/Office at the University of Parma, who will then inform you about your possible acceptance
- Make sure that your Sending Institution provides you with an accident and liability insurance coverage
- According to the agreements you take with the Coordinator of the University of Parma, fill in the Learning Agreement for Traineeships (“Before the Mobility” section), that must be signed by you, by the Responsible Person at the Sending Institution and by the Responsible Person at the Receiving Insitution.
- A copy of the signed Learning Agreement for Traineeships must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you have an appointment with your Departmental Supervisor at the University of Parma to start your traineeship in due time.
Upon arrival in Parma
As soon as you arrive in Parma, you must come to the Erasmus and International Home during the opening hours in order to complete your enrolment, bringing with you:
- a copy of the signed Learning Agreement for Traineeships (“Before the Mobility” section)
- the Application Form for Traineeships, duly filled in by computer and with your signature in original
- 2 passport-size photos
- a copy of your ID (identity card or passport)
Upon your enrolment as an exchange trainee at the University of Parma, you will receive:
- a Certificate of Arrival, if needed by the Sending Institution (if your University requires a specific template, please bring it with you)
- your matriculation number and your e-mail address as student of the University of Parma
- a student card for trainees
During the Mobility
In case changes have to be introduced into the original Learning Agreement, all parties must confirm that the proposed amendments are approved by signing the “During the Mobility” section, which has to be submitted to the Erasmus and International Home or sent to email@example.com
After the mobility
At the end of your traineeship, make sure that the receiving Department/Office provides:
- your Traineeship Certificate (“After the Mobility” section of the Learning Agreement for Traineeships), that must show also the start and end dates of your traineeship
- the Tutor’s Evaluation Form (questionnaire about your traineeship activity), that must be submitted to the Erasmus and International Home or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Before leaving, you must come to the Erasmus and International Home during the opening hours in order to complete your departure procedure, bringing with you:
- the Student’s Traineeship Evaluation Form (a questionnaire about your experience)
- the signed Traineeship Certificate (“After the Mobility” section of the Learning Agreement for Traineeships), if already available; if it isn’t, make sure that the receiving Department/Office sends it within 5 weeks to your e-mail address and to email@example.com
The Welcome Service (Servizio Accoglienza) of the University of Parma supports European and International students in finding accommodation.
Any queries or requests for assistance may be sent to the Welcome Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The office is in:
V.lo Grossardi, 4
(C/o Casa dello studente) - First floor
The University of Parma also participates in Housing Anywhere, a platform specifically devised to help students find temporary accommodation.