- from Monday to Friday: 9 - 12
- Tuesday & Thursday: 15 - 17
The University Language Centre was set up to promote the learning of foreign languages within the university environment.
The courses held by the University Language Centre are open to all students enrolled at the University of Parma, as well as to students and foreign graduates attending the University of Parma for education or research purposes, all the University staff, and private citizens.
The University Language Centre provides opportunities for students to learn and practise English, French, German, Spanish, and Italian without having to change their normal study or work programme. The courses offered include:
- TOEFL, FCE, and PET preparatory courses.
- Italian summer courses (on request).
- Six-month evening classes - from 6 p. m. to 7. 30 p. m. - twice a week (Mondays and Wednesdays, or Tuesdays and Thursdays).
- Free standard classes for the various degree courses held by the University to prepare students for the foreign language exams included in their study plan.
- Online foreign language courses.
- Intensive courses for Socrates / Erasmus students, who leave each September (free of charge).
- Intensive and extensive courses in Italian for arriving foreign Erasmus students, from October to June (free of charge).
- Refresher courses for teachers (use of the Internet for learning purposes).
- Self-access workshop for learning a language on your own through a collection of audio and video tapes, CD-Roms, and the Internet.
- Language consultancy service for students and teachers - Tandem Project. Foreign language timebank.
- Library with a choice of titles for various proficiency levels.