February 23rd from 2:30 to 4:00 pm INFORMATION SECTION for TEACHING PLACEMENT ENROLLMENT. Location: Erasmus and International Home, piazzale San Francesco,3
All foreign exchange students whose native language is English, Spanish, French and German who are interested in teaching their own language and culture in Parma’s schools are welcome at the Erasmus and International Home for the information section and pre-enrollment on Thursday 23rd of February at 2:30 pm. Save the date!
- TEACHING DOCUMENTS:
WHAT IS A ‘TEACHING PLACEMENT’?
- It is a way to experience Italy and its school system.
- It is a way to get Italian pupils to know your language and culture.
- It is a way to put yourself to the test in a uniquely valuable professional experience.
WHO CAN DO A TEACHING PLACEMENT?
- All foreign exchange students at the University of Parma, independent of the Faculty they attend.
TEACHING PLACEMENT COMPRISES
- 12 hours of training
- 45 hours of in-class activity supporting language staff in a Parma school
- a final placement essay plus the development of teaching materials
WHAT DOES THE STUDENT GAIN FROM IT?
- From the academic point of view:
- ECTS Credits
- final mark (out of 30/30)
- From the personal point of view:
- a deeper knowledge of the city and its people beyond the university environment
- knowledge of the Italian school system
- an unrepeatable professional and interpersonal experience
THE UNIVERSITY OF PARMA OFFERS:
- final assessment
IN ADDITION TO THE UNIVERSITY, OTHER INSTITUTIONAL PARTICIPANTS INCLUDE
- the Municipality of Parma
- the Schools of Parma
- the Teaching Authority for the Province of Parma
HOW TO ENROL IN A TEACHING PLACEMENT?